“Beauty injections” have been booming lately. They help to change features, smooth out wrinkles, and reduce visible signs of aging significantly. Filler injections are considered to be one of the most efficient cosmetic procedures as they provide the instant effect, help to save time and have little to no recovery time.
There are some injection techniques varying in methods, a principle of action, and active ingredients. Today, we want to say a few words about hyaluronic acid fillers. They clearly stand out in the range of fillers available on the market and are among the most trusted aids that help to deal with wrinkles and other skin imperfections.
There are several types of wrinkle fillers:
– Fully based on hyaluronic acid;
– Synthetic wrinkle fillers;
– Autologous wrinkle fillers (platelet-rich plasma and fat).
Artificial wrinkle fillers are based on hyaluronic acid with addition of synthetic elements that help to make the effect of injection last longer. The problem here is that body utilizes injected hyaluronic acid, but it can’t do the same with artificial elements. They could cause an unevenness and severe inflammation of the skin. That’s why we don’t offer this type of wrinkle fillers at Arsenault Derm Spa.
Collagen wrinkle fillers deliver the natural looking effect, but it lasts a few times less than the effect of HA fillers. Also, the probability of allergic reactions is quite significant, so we can’t recommend them as the best option possible.
Autologous wrinkle fillers are the agents that are less likely to cause allergy reaction from the entire list of wrinkle fillers, as they’re taken from the patient’s body. Fat delivers a long-lasting result and it is the best option in case you want to fill some areas of your body like buttocks or breasts. But in case you want to use fat for face area, you should be aware that it’s hard to predict the longevity of the effect, and it’s not the best option in case you need a handiwork to be done. Also, recovery time after lipofilling is quite long and may take up to 1.5 months.
Hyaluronic acid is a good choice as a dermal filler. It is totally compatible with the human body, as it is a biological substance found in large amounts inside of it.
It is the most admired type of wrinkle fillers with rare allergic reactions. The effect of this treatment lasts from six months to one year depending on your lifestyle and other peculiarities. Some studies show that repetitive procedures may trigger the natural collagen production in the treated areas. Some specialists and clients also notice that eventually less filler is needed to get equal result.
They allow you to get rid of wrinkles and change the shape of the anatomical structures of your face (nose, chin, lips, cheekbones, oval of the face) without surgery. You’ll see the results immediately after the injection, and it would only improve after the swelling goes down.
1. The defects of face skin like decreased skin turgor, bags under the eyes, the need to restore the shape of the face, to “soften” the severity of nasolabial folds;
2. Face contouring plasty: filling of the haunting areas of skin, such as wrinkles, nasolacrimal groove, drooping mouth corners, etc.;
3. Marked face asymmetry;
4. Post-acne treatment;
5. The elimination of atrophic scars and stretch marks;
6. Sagging neck and décolleté;
7. Excessive skin leanness and laxity on the hands.
1. Diseases such as diabetes, hemophilia, cancer of any localization, immune diseases;
2. The tendency to form keloid scars;
3. Allergic reactions, cases of fibrosis or rejection reactions to previous fillers injections;
4. The presence of artificial (silicone) filler at the proposed site of the injection.
1. Always schedule your treatment at the doctor’s office or at the medical spa that runs under doctor’s supervision. Fillers injections require high qualification of a service provider because the side effects from improper treatment execution or uncertified filler could be terrible and extremely hard to eliminate.
2. Don’t work with a doctor who didn’t make a careful assessment of your medical history;
3. Stop taking any anti-inflammatory and anti-platelet drugs (if possible) one week before the scheduled treatment. It will help to decrease the risk of bruising;
4. Use sunscreen to protect your skin against post-inflammatory pigment changes and to avoid an untimely destruction of the filler;
5. The price of treatment should not differ much from an average on the market, as it usually means low quality of a filler or inadequate qualification of a service provider.
At Arsenault Derm Spa, we offer Juvederm and Restylane injections. These fillers have gained recognition among our clients and are the most predictable. It means that you will get the most excellent results ever expected, which is crucial for our team.
The overall price of hyaluronic acid fillers for wrinkles treatment may vary depending on your target zone and skin condition, so it’s better to contact us and schedule a consultation to get the details together.